After several months in development, we’re pleased to announce that Momento 2.0 has been submitted to the App Store. If approved by Apple, we will hopefully see it available for download within the next 7 days.
What’s New in Version 2.0?
We’ve made a lot of changes in v2.0! Not only have we added lots of new features, new feeds and enhancements, but we’ve also rebuilt the foundations of the app to improve performance and make it a stronger platform from which we can build upon. This will allow us to control feeds better, manage data easier and deliver some very exciting features we have planned for the future.
- Foursquare check-ins
- Gowalla check-ins
- YouTube videos
- Vimeo videos
- RSS/Atom web feeds
- Backup and restore
- Retina display ready
- Full landscape support with a new landscape calendar view
- Multiple feed accounts
- Export moments and feeds in plain text with photos
- Day view navigation bar to jump to next and previous day
- Moments can be added without a timestamp
- Links in moments can be viewed in the in-app browser
- Feed items now link to their original source
- Browse all moments with photos from the ‘Tags’ tab
- New moments can now be created from the day view
- Feeds can now be updated manually
- Setting to toggle sounds
- Setting to view moments in ascending or descending order
- Setting to start calendar on Sunday or Monday
- Setting to select whether photos are saved to the camera roll
- Setting to toggle feed updates on launch
- Twitter feed option to ignore #tags
- Twitter feed option to only import tweets containing #momento or #m
- Twitter feed option to include official retweets
- Flickr images now load the image browser when tapped
- Improved photo browser with zoom functionality
- Quick links to contact support and view FAQ
- Improved GPS accuracy for ‘Find my location’
- Moments can now contain an unlimited amount of photos
In addition to these new features and updates, there’s been a huge list of of bug fixes and smaller enhancements which have improved usability, stability and performance throughout.
The journey to v2 has been a longer one than we expected and we know how much you guys have wanted to get your hands on some of these features! We would like to say a huge thank you for not only your feedback and suggestions but also your support and patience whilst we’ve been working on this upgrade. We really appreciate it! We can’t wait to get v2 in your hands and continue developing Momento further.
As many of you know, we’ve been faced with some big roadblocks during the development of v2.0. It’s been a huge learning experience for us as new developers and it’s certainly something we intend to share — not only to give our users an insight in the process, but to also provide a resource for other developers. Now the development process is complete for this version, I hope to find the time to collate our thoughts and experiences in to a full article which we’ll share here soon.
New version, new website, new blog!
As you will have already noticed, with this announcement we’ve also launched our brand new website and blog which will serve as a better base to keep you up to date in more detail with the evolution of Momento. Remember, you can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and announcements.
We’re having a sale…
If you haven’t bought Momento already, we’re dropping the price in the run up to the release of Momento 2.0. For a limited period you can buy v1 for just 59p (99¢)! What’s more, Momento 2.0 will be a free upgrade!
Visit Momento on the AppStore »
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.