We’re pleased to announce that Momento 2.1 is now available to download (app store link). This exciting update introduces the highly anticipated Instagram feed, support for multitasking (iOS4), improved performance and streamlined settings for a snappier user experience.
Snap a moment with Instagram
Instagram is a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo with your iPhone, choose a filter to add some style and share it with the world! Momento can now collect all those photographic moments you’ve captured in Instagram and display them as part of your personal journal. A perfect addition to our selection of feeds and something which we feel really does add an extra layer of life to Momento!
Multitasking support allows Momento to run in the background so you can switch to and from other apps quickly whilst saving the state of Momento as you left it. To keep your data safe Momento will lock as soon as you switch to another app or sleep your device. By default this will happen immediately, but we have also introduced a setting which delays the locking for a short period of time so you can refer to other applications and action interruptions (such as calls/text messages) without needing to re-enter your passcode.
Change settings in a snap!
In addition to this update we have also improved the settings by making sections clearer and easier to navigate. This should help you get to the setting you’re looking for as quickly and as easily as possible. We’ve also added an ‘Ignore Sources’ option to your Twitter feed, which ignores importing tweets from specific services such as Foursquare, Gowalla, Flickr and Instagram to avoid duplication of activities in Momento.
In addition to features above, we have also improved performance, fixed some bugs and made some minor improvements. Here are the complete release notes:
- Instagram feed.
- Multitasking enabled.
- Simplified settings layout.
- New “require passcode” option to delay immediate locking of Momento when switching apps.
- Twitter option to ignore tweets from certain sources (Instagram, Foursquare, Gowalla, Flickr).
- Feeds now auto-update on launch/entering foreground when more than 3hrs have elapsed after last feed update.
- Drafts now auto-save.
- Draft indicator on compose button.
- Fixed issue with searching custom tags.
- Fixed issue causing crash when adding Facebook account.
- Fixed possible Last.fm feed crash.
- Fixed Gowalla last updated date.
- Numerous minor bug fixes and improvements.
Spread the word
We’d love it if you could help us spread the word about v2.1. To share the news on Twitter, just click Tweet